Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yeah...Capitalism!

Recently, I heard an advertisement on TV from one of the Presidential front-runners. In the ad, the candidate berated insurance companies, oil companies and drug companies.

I, for one, am extremely happy we live in a free society. A society where companies can profit freely from their efforts.

The drug companies used their profit to research and develop new drugs. One of those new drugs has a 100% cure rate for the type of leukemia my sister had 18 years ago when she had a full bone marrow transplant and was given a 30% chance of survival.

The other drug, which is used typically for asthma, was given to my wife during both pregnancies and helped stop her pre-term labor. Both of my children are alive and healthy today because of those "greedy" companies. Thank God!

No comments: